So you’re driving down the road in Idaho Falls, and you get in an automobile accident. What should you do? Here’s some steps you should take:
- Don’t leave the scene.
- Call for medical assistance if there are injuries. Provide basic first aid.
- Call a law enforcement officer if needed. Get the officer’s name and police station address. Ask when the accident report will be filed, its case number and how to get a copy.
Remember, it’s also important to write down the following information about the accident:
- Date and time.
- Street and city.
- Weather and road conditions.
- Direction and speed you and other drivers were going.
- How the accident occurred.
- Record the license plate, driver’s license and insurance information numbers of each driver.
This information is based on an article published by the Better Business Bureau.